Don't we all have booty goals?
Getting side tracked with constant squatting and not enough results, yep we've all been there.
Squats, when you get them right are simple and effective, but you need variety of other exercises to make sure your hitting every angle.
Try to have 2/3 leg and glute days per week, to help build. (its not an overnight situation)
So nothing too fancy here, just basic exercises to help you achieve them booty goals!
Stiff leg Deadlift
Important to keep form on this one(and on every other exercise). Not having proper form means that your prone to injuries & not getting anything out of the exercise!
You can use dumbbells or barbell.
1. Start Position: stand straight, feet shoulder width apart
2. Keeping the knees stiff, lower the weight towards your feet and bend from the hips, maintaining your back nice and neutral, shoulders back. and then lift back to your starting position. Making sure you get that good squeeze on the glutes on the way up. Keep the weights as close to your legs as possible. (basically slide the weights down your legs)
A really good booty building exercise, really gives you that burn in the right place!!
1. Start position: shoulder blades against a bench, and your arms spread across it for stability
2. Breathing in, bring your hips down low and then exhale come up, really squeeze your glutes, lift up your hips, and hold a second or two.
This one is one of my top favourites! Works the glutes, thighs, hips & core.
1. Start position: Hip width apart. Take a big step back with your right leg crossing it behind your left leg
2. Bend your knees and lower your hips until your right thigh is nearly parallel to the floor
You can either alternate or get that good burn on one side first and then switch sides.
So whats the difference between sumo squats & regular squats apart from the foot positioning.
Sumo squats have more emphasis on the inner thighs and booty!! And we can say core as you have more of a challenging balance on this one
1. Start Position: stand with your feet significantly wider than hip-distance apart (about three to four feet), turn your toes out 45 degrees pointing out, making sure your knees follow.
2. Lower yourself down by bending your knees and hips. Keep your abs tight, back straight and do not let your knees move past your toes when lowering.
3.Once your thighs parallel the floor, root through your heels and rise back up steadily for one rep.
Rainbows (or half moons)
Sculpt, sculpt & sculpt.
1. Start position: begin on all fours with your knees hip-width apart and your wrists stacked over your shoulders.
2. With a pointed toe, extend your left leg and reach the foot toward the ceiling.
3. Lower the leg to tap the floor about a foot to the left of your kneeling foot.
4. Squeeze your glutes as you lift the leg back to starting position & tap on the floor.
Keep repeating this one for atleast 25 reps.
So there we have it, best basic exercises to help build, lift and cover all areas of the glutes.
Watch my blog space, for workouts coming soon =)