Start to love yourself. Today!
Do you want to love your body despite what you perceive as imperfections?
So many of us think of our bodies as 'works in process', always seeking to improve by losing a couple lbs or getting abs for bikini season. Why can’t we seem to take a step back, allowing ourselves to live in the moment and appreciate our amazing bodies and what they do for us each and every day?
How many of us want to look in the mirror in the morning and think 'Yes! I look amazing!' How liberating would it be thinking about yourself with praise and kindness instead of disappointment and anger.
The honest truth is, the thought that you may never feel comfortable in your own body is terrifying!
Women and men who engage in negative self talk are unfortunately the majority, not the minority. Most of the women and men I know either feel ashamed of their bodies or have felt ashamed at some point in their lives.
Why do we do this to ourselves?
We need to accept that yes, there will always be something we feel like we could work on, and this is perfectly normal. Everyone feels like this at some point, and wanting to self improve is not a crime!
Take the time to work on you, but make sure it is for your health and your happiness – nothing else. Love and respect yourself before anything else, this is not selfish – it’s necessary.
How to take control of your body and mind.
1. Make the conscious decision to love your body and reclaim your power. Learn to speak about yourself in positive terms and welcome expressions of self-love. Tell yourself each and every day that you are worth it.
2. Direct your energy toward things that make you feel powerful—things that aren’t at all affected by your cellulite, body fat, or what you view as corporeal imperfections.
3. Have some compassion. Sometimes you have to, skip a workout, or eat a cheeseburger & ice cream–and not give yourself endless shit for it! It’s tasty and balance is healthy!
4. Trust in your ability to care for yourself and give yourself constant reaffirmation that shame and disgust are not effective tools for change.
5. Think positive, the moment you catch yourself thinking otherwise - add another 5 burpees to your workout routine!
Always remember – positivity is infectious!
Your mind plays a big part in how you feel and view yourself.. If you like to read, I’d highly recommend these two books, and thank me later ;)
-The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
-The Chimp Paradox by Steve Peters
Let’s all stand together, empower and make a change.